Black Friday has passed and the holiday shopping surge continues. How have sales on the second-hand market fared? Read on and download Movaluate’s November Market Report to find out!
During November the used smartphone market was inundated with iPhone 4s and 4s’s from users presumably hopping onto the iPhone 5 bandwagon. The iPhone 5 release also marked the launch of a number of different Apple products including the iPad Mini and 4th gen iPad, spiking the resale of older devices and resulting in Apple’s market share increasing from 39% to 56% since October.
Some of the key data points from November’s report:
- Over 120,000 transactions were completed on nearly 300 of the most popular Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry devices.
- Once again, Apple hardware stood atop the sales leaderboards accounting for 56% of all devices sold. Android devices accounted for 37% of sales, while Blackberry and Windows Phone devices claimed the final 7% of device sales.
- Retaining their titles as the most popular devices sold for Android and iOS are the HTC EVO 4G and Apple iPhone 4 16GB.
- The device with the single greatest drop in average sale price was LG’s Enlighten, an Android QWERTY slider which depreciated in value by 30%
- The device with the greatest increase in average price was Sprint’s iPhone 4S 64GB in black, which appreciated in value by 6.9%.
- Apple’s 2nd and 3rd gen iPad were absent from October’s top depreciator list, however with the announcement of the 4th gen iPad (which features an updated SoC and lightning port), 3 variants made the top 30 list.
In addition to LG’s Enlighten dropping in average price by 30%, 3 more QWERTY slider phones joined the Enlighten to round out the top depreciators. As on-screen keyboards get larger and more accurate, we suspect that this form factor may soon go extinct. However, if you are in the market to get a phone with a physical keyboard, now is the time!
Download Movaluate’s November Market Report for free: